If you want to take your gaming experience to a new level, a high-quality gaming monitor can make all the difference. But several factors should be considered when looking for the best monitors for Razer Blade 15, including screen size, resolution, refresh rates, and panel types.
Considering each aspect ensures an immersive gaming experience. How do I know? Well, I use the Samsung 240Hz Nvidia G-Sync external display with my Razer notebook. Offering crystal-clear visuals, smooth gameplay, and vibrant colors to bring games to life.
That’s what a top-notch monitor offers. So why settle for your laptop screen when you can unlock the full potential of your portable gaming computer with a cutting-edge monitor? Let’s dive further into my guide on finding the best monitor for your Razer Blade 15.
Best Monitors For Razer Blade 15 Laptops
When shopping for a portable monitor for your powerful Razer Blade laptop, you will find an abundance of suitable options. However, I have experienced several options. Including the Samsung 27″ monitor I currently use. Considering this model has a budget friendly price tag it’s a sure winner. That said, here’s an overview of the best external gaming monitors.
- Best Monitor Overall: Razer Raptor 27″ HDR Monitor (50% off)
- Best Budget Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 27″ Monitor
- Best eSports Gaming Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift 27” Monitor
- Best Cheap Gaming Monitor: KOORUI 27″ Gaming Monitor
- Best Gaming Monitor: Alienware 34″ Ultrawide OLED Monitor
Helpful: When choosing a gaming monitor, note that Razer Blades lack a DisplayPort. You’ll need to purchase an adapter like the one I use to connect my Razer Blade 15. Since many high-performance gaming monitors utilize DisplayPort for features like high refresh rates, factor in the extra cost of a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter. With the right adapter, you can unlock your monitor’s full capabilities when pairing with a Razer Blade.
Best Monitor for Razer Blade 15: Razer Raptor 27
One of the best monitors for Razer Blade 15, is the Razer Raptor 27 “. The Razer Raptor is packed full of features. Although the Raptor is not as portable, you do get to experience an mazing bright and sharp 2560 x 1400 panel and this would be the dealbreakers.
What’s more, the Razer Raptor 27-inch model supports both Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync to remove any possibility of screen tearing during game time. Moreover, this display emits 295 nits of brightness, meaning your games will look vibrant.
With easy cable management and Razer Synapse software integration, making the external Raptor display suitable for gamers with a taste for Razer Blade gaming accessories. One of the special features is the HDR support, which means you’ll experience a wider range of colors and enhanced contrast for more realistic and immersive visuals while gaming.
Razer Raptor 27-inch Specs:
- Brand: Razer
- Display Size: 27 Inches
- Display Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixels (WQHD)
- Panel Type: IPS-Grade
- Refresh Rate: 165 Hz
- Response Time: 1 ms (MPRT) with Ultra Low Motion Blur and 4 ms (Typical GTG)
- Color Gamut: 95% DCI-P3
- HDR Support: HDR400
- Adaptive Sync Technology: NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible & AMD FreeSync
- Special Feature: High Dynamic Range
- Connectivity: 2 x USB 3.2 Ports, HDMI 2.0b, DisplayPort 1.4
- Built-in Cable Management
- Razer Synapse Integration for settings control
Best Budget Monitors: Samsung Odyssey G5
Gamers looking for the best budget portable monitor for the Razer Blade 15 should consider the Samsung Odyssey G5 27-inch monitor. This fantastic option caters to gaming needs without breaking the bank for budget-conscious gamers.
Having paired the Samsung Odyssey external gaming monitor with my own Razer notebook. I can vouch for its quality and ease of use. With impressive specs and features. High-end games like Call of Duty Warzone look stunning on this Samsung screen.
With the same 240Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, and 2560×1440 QHD resolution as more expensive monitors, the Odyssey delivers an immersive fast-paced gaming experience. The 27-inch screen size also provides ample screen real estate for your Razer Blade 15.
For those wanting solid gaming performance without paying a premium, the Samsung Odyssey G5 hits the sweet spot and is a great match for the Razer Blade 15 laptop.
Samsung Odyssey Specifications:
- Brand: SAMSUNG
- Series: Odyssey G5
- Screen Size: 27 inches
- Resolution: WQHD (2560×1440)
- Refresh Rate: 240Hz
- Panel Type: Curved VA Panel
- Response Time: 1ms
- Image Brightness: 350 nits
- Special Display Features: QLED, HDR600
- Connectivity: HDMI, Display Port
- Sync Technology: NVidia G-Sync & AMD FreeSync
- Special Features: Curved Screen, Height, Swivel, Tilt Adjustment
ASUS ROG Swift 27” 1440P Gaming Monitor: Excellent Performance
For those seeking an all-around performer that excels across different game genres, the ASUS ROG Swift 27” 1440P is one of the best gaming monitors and is well worth considering.
The ASUS ROG Swift portable monitor is compatible with most gaming laptops that have a compatible video output port (HDMI or DisplayPort). The 27-inch WQHD resolution and 240Hz refresh rate are well-suited for AAA gaming, offering a responsive experience.
Here are its standout features:
- HDR400 Support: With HDR 400 support, the ROG Swift monitor enhances color accuracy and contrast. Providing stunning visuals in compatible AAA games. While not the highest HDR standard, it still enhances the visual experience with HDR content.
- NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer: The ASUS ROG Swift gaming monitor comes with the NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer to measure system latency and input lag accurately.
- Smooth Gameplay: Thanks to its high refresh rate, lag-free gameplay becomes a reality. An excellent choice for competitive gamers and esports enthusiasts. However, the ROG monitor is more suited to Razer Blade models with 240Hz screens or above.
- WQHD Resolution: With a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels (WQHD), the ASUS monitor delivers sharp and detailed visuals, ideal for gaming and multimedia content.
The G-SYNC technology ensures tear-free gameplay, which can be particularly beneficial when pairing with Razer laptops that may have varying frame rates. However, when connecting the monitor to a gaming laptop, it’s essential to ensure that your laptop’s GPU can support the monitor’s resolution and refresh rate adequately.
Additionally, check your gaming laptop’s output ports and the monitor’s input ports to ensure compatibility. Razer laptops are not known to have a DisplayPort output, so you will need to purchase a USB C to DisplayPort adapter to connect the monitor.
Overall, there is no doubt that the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM gaming monitor can significantly enhance gaming experiences when paired with a Razer Blade computer. Offering a high-refresh-rate, low-latency, and high-quality display for portable gaming enthusiasts.
ASUS ROG SWIFT Specifications:
- Brand: ASUS
- Screen Size: 27 inches
- Display Resolution: 2560 x 1440 pixels (WQHD)
- Panel Type: Fast IPS (4x faster than conventional IPS panels)
- Refresh Rate: 240Hz
- Response Time: 1ms GTG (Gray-to-Gray)
- Adaptive Sync Technology: NVIDIA G-SYNC
- NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer: Yes
- Display HDR: DisplayHDR400 (400 nits peak brightness)
- Special Features: Swivel, Tilt & Height Adjustment, Pivot Adjustment, Blue Light Filter
- Connectivity: HDMI, DisplayPort, USB
KOORUI 27″ QHD Gaming Monitor: Affordable
If you’re a gamer on a budget, you would have already splashed out a small fortune on your new Razer Blade 15, I understand I did myself. One thing I would say, it was definitely worth the money. However, you may not have a whole lot left, and to experience external monitor gameplay as I do with my gaming notebooks you must check out the KOORUI 27″ monitor.
The KOORUI 27 Inch Gaming Monitor offers impressive features at an affordable price, making it an attractive choice for budget-conscious gamers and multimedia enthusiasts. With a QHD resolution, IPS panel technology, and high refresh rate of 170Hz ensure smooth and vibrant visuals, and provide you with an immersive gaming experience.
What’s more, the KOORUI monitor offers customizable ergonomic features, including height adjustment, tilt, swivel, and rotation, for the most comfortable viewing position. With support for HDR 400 and DCI-P3 90% color gamut, this monitor will deliver impressive color accuracy and vividness, enhancing your overall gaming enjoyment. The easy connectivity options and joystick control add convenience to your Razer gaming setup, while the VESA mount compatibility allows you to save desk space and achieve optimal positioning.
The KOORUI portable gaming Monitor is a compelling choice for those seeking an affordable gaming monitor with decent specifications. This monitor has received raving reviews from fellow customers with only a few drawbacks noted. With that said, considering the KOORUI 27 Inch Gaming Monitor is a budget friendly option it does not compromise on reliability.
LG 3 Ultra Gear Specifications:
- Brand: LG
- Display Size: 32 inches
- Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 pixels (QHD)
- Refresh Rate: 165Hz
- Panel Type: Quality IPS gaming panel
- Response Time: 1ms MBR (Motion Blur Reduction)
- HDR Support: HDR 10
- Color Gamut: sRGB 95%
- Adaptive Sync Tech: AMD FreeSync
Alienware 34″ OLED Ultrawide: Best Gaming Monitor
Experience total gaming immersion with the Alienware 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor. This stunning 3440 x 1440 WQHD resolution display combines a massive 34-inch diagonal size, ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio, and 1900R curvature for edge-to-edge gameplay.
Gamers will appreciate the buttery-smooth 120Hz refresh rate and rapid 2ms response time. Along with NVIDIA G-Sync technology to eliminate screen tearing and lag. Allowing you to dominate First Person Shooter (FPS), Real-Time Strategy (RTS), RPG, and MMORPG titles.
IPS Nano Color technology and 98% DCI-P3 color coverage deliver vibrant, accurate visuals. While the anti-glare coating reduces reflections for enhanced visibility. Connectivity options include HDMI and USB to hook up your Razer Blade gaming laptop.
You can enjoy long gaming sessions comfortably thanks to the 1900R curvature that surrounds your field of view. Reducing eye movement across the expansive display. With the Alienware Legend Industrial Design, sturdy build, and cable management options, this monitor matches the premium quality of some of the best gaming monitors to date.
The Alienware 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor is considered the current best external monitor for the Razer Blade 15 gaming laptop. Opting for this model you will be completing an epic desktop setup with incredible immersion and one your gamer friends would envy.
See this Review From PCGamer.com
How to Choose A Gaming Monitor for Razer Blade 15 Laptops?
To choose a compatible gaming monitor for the Razer Blade 15, consider the following factors. By considering each factor, you can find the best gaming monitor that complements your Razer Blade 15 laptop and enhances your gaming experience.
- Resolution: Determine the gaming monitor resolution you want, such as 1080p or 4K. Higher resolution offers sharper images but will offer lower refresh rates.
- Refresh Rate: Look for a portable monitors to match your laptop’s refresh rate, such as 144Hz, 240Hz for smoother and more responsive gameplay.
- Panel Type: Choose between TN (twisted nematic) or IPS (in-plane switching) panels. Different panel types offer varying advantages. For vibrant colors and wide viewing angles, consider an IPS panel. If you prioritize fast response times, TN panels are ideal.
- Adaptive Sync: To eliminate screen tearing and stuttering in games, look for a portable monitor with adaptive sync technologies like AMD FreeSync or NVIDIA G-SYNC, which helps to sync the display with your laptops GPU.
- Size of the Monitor: Consider the gaming monitor size that fits your setup and gaming preferences. Common monitor sizes for gaming are around 24 to 27 inches.
- Response Time: When choosing a portable monitor look for a low response time, preferably 1ms, to minimize motion blur and ghosting during fast-paced AAA gaming.
- HDR Support: If you want a portable monitor offering better color and brightness, consider a monitor with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support.
- Budget Constraints: When buying a gaming monitor, choose a budget that aligns with your needs. Gaming monitors can range from budget-friendly to high-end models.
- Connectivity: When choosing a monitor for the Razer Blade 15, ensure the monitor has the necessary ports to connect to your Razer Blade 15. Note; Razer laptops do not have DisplayPorts. So you would need to purchase a USB C to DisplayPort adaptor.
- Brand Compatibility: While not essential, some gamers prefer to stick with the same brand for a seamless gaming experience, so consider Razer monitors for better integration. Such as the Razer Raptor if you are wanting the ideal gaming laptop setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use any external monitor with my Razer Blade 15?
Yes, you can use any external monitor with your Razer Blade 15 as long as it has compatible ports such as an HDMI. If the gaming monitor only has a Display Port you will have to purchase an adaptor.
What is the ideal display refresh rate for the Razer Blade 15?
The ideal display refresh rate for gaming on a Razer Blade 15 depends on personal preference. However, most gamers prefer monitors with at least a 144Hz refresh rate for smooth gameplay. However, I recommend matching the monitor refresh rate with your Razer Blade model.
How can I optimize the monitor settings for my Razer Blade 15?
To optimize monitor settings for your Razer Blade 15, adjust brightness, contrast, and color calibration according to your liking. You can also enable features like FreeSync or G-Sync for smoother gameplay.
What is the best resolution monitor for the Razer Blade 15?
According to rtings.com the ASUS ROG OLED is a popular choice among gamers looking for a high-resolution monitor. With a QHD (2560×1440) resolution and supports up to a 240Hz refresh rate for stunning visuals. Other good gaming monitors include the MSI MEG 342C QD-OLED, the Samsung Odyssey OLED and the Dell Alienware AW3423DWF monitor.
As a gamer, I understand finding the best monitor for Razer Blade 15 gaming notebook is not an easy task. Your choice is crucial to ensure an enhanced gaming experience. Firstly, you have to ensure compatibility and performance of the external monitor with your Razer model. Not to mention, considering connectivity and optimal display quality.
In summary, two standout gaming monitors are the Razer Raptor and the ASUS ROG Swift, both 27″ portable monitors that will offer excellent visuals and features that complement the capabilities of a Razer laptop. Gamers on a budget, the Samsung Odyssey is a great option, while the Alienware OLED display provides an all-around solution for enthusiasts.
Finally, when choosing a gaming monitor for your Razer Blade laptop, prioritize factors such as resolution, screen size, refresh rate, and response time. Remember that investing in a high-quality portable monitor can significantly elevate your gaming experience. So take some time to explore various options before making any final purchasing decisions.